The Austrian Alps are served by three main entry airports – Innsbruck, Salzburg and Vienna – as well as smaller Linz, all with direct flights from the UK.
Where do you fly to ski in Austria?
Airports to Ski Resorts in Austria
- Altenrhein (ACH) Friedrichshafen Airport (FDH) Innsbruck Airport (INN)
- Klagenfurt Airport (KLU) Memmingen Airport (FMM) Munich Airport (MUC)
- Salzburg Airport (SZG) Vienna Airport (VIE) Zurich Airport (ZRH)
What ski resorts are near airports?
5 Ski Resorts Under an Hour from Major Airports
- Solitude Mountain Resort, Utah. From Salt Lake International Airport (SLC), skiers and boarders will love the bevy of world-class mountains all within a tight 60. …
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. …
- Stowe Mountain Resort, Vermont. …
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming. …
- Aspen Snowmass, Colorado.
Where do you fly to for Kitzbuhel?
What months can you ski in Austria?
The ski season lasts from early December to late March. A small number of ski resorts keep their lifts open all year on glaciers located mainly near the Italian frontier. The best conditions for skiing are in mid-January, the coldest time of the year. Late February is a good time for sun-seekers.
Is Austria cheaper than France for skiing?
Austrian ski holidays are significantly cheaper than those in France, allowing you to enjoy your holiday without having to think about your bank balance. Although a cheaper destination, Austria boasts some excellent quality skiing.
Which is the best ski resort in Austria for beginners?
- STEINPLATTE/WAIDRING. Steinplatte has wonderful wide open blue runs – perfect for beginners. …
- HOCHGURGL. The stunning view at the top of Hochgurgl. …
- ZELL AM SEE. Zell Am See offers loads for beginners, and is a really fun resort for when you’re not on the slopes. …
- NIEDERAU. This is me, tackling some tough runs in Austria. …
How far are ski resorts from Denver?
Just 53 miles west of Denver on I-70, Loveland is the closest ski area to Denver and averages 400 inches of snow annually. Loveland’s location offers unique skiing possibilities you simply cannot find at other ski areas. Loveland is known as the local’s ski resort.
How far is Denver from skiing?
about 120 miles
How do you fly with skis?
How do I secure my equipment when flying with skis? You can’t just show up to the airport with a loose set of skis and poles. You’ll need to purchase a travel bag (in advance) designed for skis, snowboards or boots. Ski bags range from a basic zip-up bag to contain them, to padded bags that also protect them.
Is Kitzbuhel good for beginners?
Kitzbühel offers good options for beginners to learn skiing and snowboarding on a range of simple slopes. However, you should be prepared to take on more difficult sections, as the blue-marked slopes are not always directly accessible from lifts.
How far is Munich from Kitzbuhel?
around 61 miles
What airline flies Salzburg?
With the ski season in full swing, there is a huge range of winter flights to Salzburg. Easyjet operates from Luton, Gatwick, Bristol and Liverpool; British Airways flies from London Gatwick and Glasgow; Ryanair takes off from London Stansted; Jet2 leaves from Leeds Bradford, Edinburgh and Manchester.
What is the biggest ski resort in Austria?
The 10 Largest Ski Areas in Austria
- Ski Arlberg. 305 km (190 mi) of slopes. …
- SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental. 284 km (176 mi) of slopes. …
- Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn. 270 km (168 mi) of slopes. …
- Silvretta Arena Ischgl – Samnaun. 239 km (239 mi) of slopes. …
- Schladming-Dachstein. …
- Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. …
- Kitzski Kitzbühel/Kirchberg ski area. …
How much does it cost to ski in Austria?
Austria Resort Lift Tickets | Most Current PricingResortChild WeekdayAdult 6-day passDachstein Glacier€ 29.00€ 286.00Dachstein West€ 24.80€ 277.30Damüls€ 32.00€ 277.00Diedamskopf€ 28.00€ 248.00Ещё 87 строк
Can you ski in Austria in summer?
Austria has a fine set of skiable glaciers and all kinds of bases to ski them from. … While they don’t tend to be skiable in the height of summer, they do stay open far longer than anywhere else, with fabulous ski conditions at the beginning and end of the winter season.