to travel on skis, as for sport.
What does skiis mean?
Filters. Common misspelling of skis. plural form of ski.
Is skied a word?
v. Past tense and past participle of sky.
What does going skiing mean in slang?
You have to wade through 11 definitions of the word ski to get to anything about a winter sport. … It’s a word more commonly used to decribe snorting cocaine (first option), a suffix (5 entries), or a sexual act (4 entries) than it is as a winter sport.
Is skiing a sport?
Skiing, recreation, sport, and mode of transportation that involves moving over snow by the use of a pair of long, flat runners called skis, attached or bound to shoes or boots. Competitive skiing is divided into Alpine, Nordic, and freestyle events.
What language is ski from?
How do you spell ski in past tense?
The past tense of the verb ‘ski’ is ‘skied.
Is skied a Scrabble word?
SKIED is a valid scrabble word.
How do you spell skied?
- skied. [ skeed ] SHOW IPA. / skid / PHONETIC RESPELLING. SEE SYNONYMS FOR skied ON THESAURUS.COM. verb. …
- skied 2 [ skahyd ] SHOW IPA. / skaɪd / PHONETIC RESPELLING. verb. …
- skied 1 / (skaɪd) / verb. the past tense and past participle of sky.
- skied 2 / (skiːd) / verb. a past tense and past participle of ski.
What do you call someone who loves skiing?
Freerider: One who prefers to ski steep off-piste, jab through the trees and ride powder bumps. He/she is the backcountry lover who has the best day out of everyone.
What drug is skiing slang for?
What do you call someone who skis?
A skier is a person who moves over snow on skis. He is an enthusiastic skier. American English: skier. Arabic: مُتَزَلِّج Brazilian Portuguese: esquiador.
Where is skiing most popular?
16 Top-Rated Ski Resorts in the World, 2021
- Whistler Blackcomb. Snowboarders on Whistler Mountain. …
- Courchevel. Courchevel, France. …
- Zermatt. A skier in fresh powder next to the Matterhorn. …
- Vail Mountain Resort. Vail ski runs with the Gore Range in the distance. …
- Aspen Snowmass. …
- Val d’Isere. …
- Cortina D’Ampezzo. …
Is skiing a extreme sport?
Extreme sports, also known as action sports or alternative sports, sporting events or pursuits characterized by high speeds and high risk. The sports most commonly placed in this group are skateboarding, snowboarding, freestyle skiing, in-line roller-skating, street lugeing, and BMX and mountain biking.
Why is skiing so fun?
Skiing is awesome fun. Get out in the fresh mountain air, recharge your batteries and invigorate your well-being. Release the stress of daily life and workplace hassles by flying down the snow covered mountains while enjoying your Perisher ski holiday.