Where can I snowshoe in Toronto?
Snowshoeing & Cross-Country Skiing
- City-owned Golf Courses. Enjoy eight snow loops located at the five City-owned golf courses: …
- High Park. Crisscrossed with a network of trails, High Park is a great spot for beginners and families.
- Toronto Island Park. …
- Tommy Thompson Park. …
- Don Valley Ravine Trails. …
- Beltline Trail.
Where can you snowshoe in Ontario?
Where to snowshoe in Ontario Parks
- Windy Lake Provincial Park. West of Sudbury. …
- Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park. West of Thunder Bay. …
- Frontenac Provincial Park. North of Kingston. …
- Killarney Provincial Park. Southwest of Sudbury. …
- Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. North of Barrie. …
- Silent Lake Provincial Park. …
- Algonquin Provincial Park. …
- MacGregor Point Provincial Park.
Where can I rent snowshoes in Ottawa?
Kanata Nordic has a small fleet of rental ski packages, snowshoes, and headlamps. The ski shop is located at the main Kanata Nordic entrance, in Cabin D, in front of the chalet (see trail map). The rental equipment was made possible by a grant in autumn 2018 from the Ottawa Community Foundation.
Where can I rent snowshoes in Calgary?
University of Calgary Outdoor Centre
It is conveniently located in northwest Calgary, only five minutes from the Trans-Canada highway, and 45 minutes from the Rockies. Rent skis, snowshoes, rafts, canoes, kayaks, mountaineering gear, backcountry camping gear, mountain bikes, fat bikes and more.
What size snowshoes do I need?
Different Sizes for Snowshoes
The shoe is between nine and 10 inches wide. These are recommended for most snowshoers who weigh up to 195 pounds. Snowshoes that are made for women are generally between 22 and 25 inches long and seven to eight inches wide. Snowshoes for deep snow are going to be at least six inches wide.
Does Costco have snowshoes?
Costco is a great place, but with their outdoor gear you get what you pay for, which is a product designed for flat terrain and casual users.
How much snow do you need to snowshoe?
So how much snow needs to be on the ground to snowshoe? While some types of snowfall can better support the weight of snowshoes, the general rule is 6 inches of snow. Anything under 6 inches, and you risk of damaging your snowshoes.
What is there to do in Ontario in the winter?
14 outdoor experiences to try in Ontario this winter
- Niagara Helicopter Tour.
- Skating on the Rideau Canal.
- Scandinavian Spa.
- Snow Tubing at Ski Snow Valley.
- Canada’s Largest Festival of Lights.
- Toronto Christmas Market.
- Skiing at Blue Mountain.
What are snowshoes good for?
A snowshoe is footwear for walking over snow. Snowshoes work by distributing the weight of the person over a larger area so that the person’s foot does not sink completely into the snow, a quality called “flotation”. Snowshoeing is a form of hiking. Traditional snowshoes have a hardwood frame with rawhide lacings.
How much are cross country ski rentals?
Rental RatesClassic XCPulk1 hour$13$123 hours$16$1524 hours$20$203-Day Rental*$40$34
Where can I rent cross country skis in Ottawa?
Fresh Air Experience is Ottawa’s landmark ski and bike shop, equipped with expert staff that can outfit first-time skiers and long-time enthusiasts. Located in the heart of Wellington West, Fresh Air Experience offers XC skis and skate blades as rentals on a first-come, first-serve basis, starting at only $25 per day.
Where can I rent skates in Calgary?
Where to Rent Ice Skates in Calgary and the Rockies
- 2000 Southland Dr. S.W., 403-648-6555, calgary.ca.
- 903 Heritage Dr. S.W., 403-253-2975, outlawsports.ca.
- 288 Collegiate Blvd. …
- 4424 16 Ave. …
- 211 Bear St., Banff, 403-762-4554, banffadventures.com.
- 201 Village Rd., Lake Louise, 403-522-3636, wmsll.com.
- 270 Stewart Green S.W., 403-686-4228; 560, 303 Shawville Blvd.
Where can I rent cross country skis in Calgary?
To make a ski rental reservation, call (403-270-4501) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Let Lifesport, the premier XC shop in Calgary, outfit you with what you need to enjoy cross country skiing this winter!