: social activities after a day of skiing.
What apres mean in English?
: after après tennis —usually used in combinationaprès-theater party.
How do you use apres ski in a sentence?
Examples of ‘apres-ski’ in a sentence apres-ski
- A typical Vermont apres-ski place for people trendy enough to use pet names for a drink. …
- My earlier calamity in the trees makes for great après-ski fodder among the locals that evening. …
- Broad pistes and a storming après-ski scene add to the allure.
Does apres mean after?
After. Often used in combination: an après-dinner entertainment; a concert après dinner. [French, from Old French, from Late Latin ad pressum : ad, to; see ad- + pressum, nearby (from neuter of Latin pressus, past participle of premere, to press closely; see press1).]
What does apres all day mean?
Definition: Coming after in time, typically specifying a period following an activity. Origin: derived from the French term après-ski, meaning the social activities and entertainment following a day’s skiing. Our favorite time of day: Après Surf.
How do you say apres?
Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of ‘apres’:
- Break ‘apres’ down into sounds: [AP] + [RAY] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘apres’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
Is Apres shampooing conditioner?
Is this a conditioner or conditioning shampoo? … It says “Conditioner” and underneath it says “Apres Shampooing”–which is French for “Hair Conditioner” (or specifically, “after shampooing”). It’s not Conditioning Shampoo.
What is apres ski attire?
What’s Great to Wear for Apres-Ski
Fleece: A nice fleece jacket is perfect for casual socializing after the last run of the day. Vest: Whether it’s fleece or down, a vest can be thrown over the most basic shirt and still look great. Vests are also practical because they can be easily removed if you feel too hot.
What time does apres ski start?
What time does it start? There’s no official time frame, but in most resorts après kicks off in mid-afternoon and lasts until dinner, so from roughly 3-7pm. That gives you enough time to chill out and catch up before tucking into a good meal, and then get a good night’s sleep, ready for another day on the slopes.
Where does apres ski come from?
Après-ski is a French term from the 1950s which literally means “after ski” or “after skiing”. According to Merriam-Webster, it is defined as a “social activity (as at a ski lodge) after a day’s skiing“.
What are apres ski activities?
Other great activities to try on a ski holiday
- Slalom racing.
- Bar Crawls.
- Night Skiing/Torch-lit descent.
- Broom hockey.
- Igloo building.
- Hot air balloon rides.
- Luxury Spas (massages and other Spa treatments)
Where is the best apres ski?
8 Top Ski Resorts with the Best Après
- 1 정통맞고 2012 다운로드. Tignes. …
- Alpe d’Huez. One of the most well-known après spots in Alpe d’Huez is La Folie Douce, which can be accessed by skiers and snowboarders via the Marmotte 1 chairlift 다운로드. …
- Avoriaz. …
- Val Thorens. …
- Val d’Isère. …
- St Anton. …
- Mayrhofen. …
What do skiers drink?
The 10 must-have après-ski drinks this season – and how to make them
- Mulled wine/ vin chaud/ Glühwein. Find it in: Most resorts around Europe. …
- Peppermint schnapps hot chocolate. Find it in: Germany. …
- Bombardino. …
- Champagne on a zip-line. …
- Plank-smoked Old Fashioned. …
- Salmiakki Koskenkorva. …
- Lemongrass & chilli martini. …
What is a ski bunny?
Noun. ski bunny (plural ski bunnies) (slang, skiing) An attractive female at a ski resort, especially one who is more interested in being seen than in skiing.
What are death cookies?
A death cookie is simply a chunk of hard snow made, usually, my snow-making equipment. … They can usually be seen early-season, but after a few weeks of natural snow on top of the man-made stuff, death cookies can become incognito.
What is apres ski in fortnite?
Apres Ski is the ski lodge where there is a constant dance party going on inside.