Just dip your dong in paint and smack your helmet with it. Just get one of those cable locks. Thread it through your ski brakes and then to the ski rack supports.
How do you lock your skis?
Ski Key – Designed to lock your ski or snowboard to a specific type of rack that is available at many ski resorts throughout the world. These special racks have metal prongs a few inches apart, to slide the middle of your board or skis between them.
How do I keep my skis from being stolen?
7 Ways to Protect Skis and Snowboards from Theft
- #1 Invest in a lock for your skis or board (or rent one from the mountain). …
- #2 If you don’t happen to have a lock, separate your skis. …
- #3 Protect your car. …
- #4 Mark it up. …
- #5 Keep records. …
- #6 If your gear is stolen, report it right away. …
- #7 Consider some of the high tech protective devices out there.
How do you lock ski poles?
There used to be a better product for locking poles. I still have one of these. Put poles in left side then slide metal bracket over snug and put skis in right side and clip the end. Put the cable through the loop and lock to the rack.
Do Ski Racks damage skis?
Regular roof racks will not damage your skis. The road grime that gets on them will, so wipe them off thoroughly once you get home. … But putting the skis away wet or covered in grime will ensure that rust and pits are going to affect your edges, maybe even your bindings.
Do skis get stolen?
The truth is skis and snowboards do get stolen at every resort, but it’s usually a very tiny percentage of the thousands of skiers on the mountain. … The chances of having your skis or snowboards stolen are slim, but you’ll regret not taking any precautions if it happens to you.
How do I lock my snowboard?
To secure a snowboard, consider two basic types of keys:
- First, you can use a cable lock with a retractable cable that can be wound around the snowboard and the fixture you’re locking it to, such as a ski rack. …
- The other type of lock to consider is called a ski lock or ski key.
How does the ski key work?
A: SKIS – 3 EASY STEPS
- Place ski tails in bottom loop of rack, slide skis between locking rails.
- Insert lock into locking rail with key in lock, align hole in lock with hole in rail.
- Slide locking pin into lock, press firmly until it clicks locked. Remove Key.
Is it OK to store skis standing up?
As long as your skis aren’t strapped together too tightly, and they aren’t left in a position that would warp their bodies, they’ll be perfectly safe.
Should skis be stored vertically or horizontally?
In case, you decided to put the storage rack on the wall you need to decide if you want horizontal or vertical ski storage racks. It is good to know that horizontal racks are better for storing snowboards. However, the vertical ski storage racks are easier to handle.
Is it bad to hang skis by the tips?
Ideally, skis and snowboards should be stored upright in a cool, dry closet indoors. words, do not hang by the tips between two dowels or with the camber compressed by straps or ski brakes. Despite the design of many storage racks, hanging skis and boards from the tips is not recommended.