Is skied a Scrabble word?
SKIED is a valid scrabble word.
What skied means?
Meaning of skied in English
to move over snow on skis: He skied down the hill. Let’s go skiing. More examples. We used to ski before noon then take a long lunch.
What is the past tense of ski?
ski Definitions and Synonyms present tensehe/she/itskispresent participleskiingpast tenseskiedpast participleskiedЕщё 1 строка
How do you spell skied?
- skied. [ skeed ] SHOW IPA. / skid / PHONETIC RESPELLING. SEE SYNONYMS FOR skied ON THESAURUS.COM. verb. …
- skied 2 [ skahyd ] SHOW IPA. / skaɪd / PHONETIC RESPELLING. verb. …
- skied 1 / (skaɪd) / verb. the past tense and past participle of sky.
- skied 2 / (skiːd) / verb. a past tense and past participle of ski.
What does Skyed mean?
skied or skyed; skying. Definition of sky (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1 chiefly British : to throw or toss up : flip.
Is skyed a word?
skyed v. simple past tense and past participle of sky. skyed adj. Surrounded by sky.
Is ski an English word?
noun, plural skis or, sometimes, ski.
one of a pair of long, slender runners made of wood, plastic, or metal used in gliding over snow. water ski.
What is the verb of skiing?
verb. skied ˈskēd , ˈshēd ; skiing. Definition of ski (Entry 2 of 2) intransitive verb. : to glide on skis in travel or as a sport.
What does skiing mean in slang?
You have to wade through 11 definitions of the word ski to get to anything about a winter sport. … It’s a word more commonly used to decribe snorting cocaine (first option), a suffix (5 entries), or a sexual act (4 entries) than it is as a winter sport.
What is a skier?
British English: skier /ˈskiːə/ NOUN. A skier is a person who moves over snow on skis. He is an enthusiastic skier.
How do you spell?
How to Improve Your English Spelling: 9 Painless Methods
- Use mnemonics. Remembering information can be difficult. …
- Learn a few rules. Sometimes the best way to learn is to know the rules. …
- Learn commonly misspelled words. …
- Make a list of the words you have trouble spelling. …
- Check word origins in the dictionary. …
- Chunk it. …
- Sound it out. …
- Draw a picture.
How do you spell scared?
verb (used with object), scared, scar·ing.
to fill, especially suddenly, with fear or terror; frighten; alarm.