How do I keep my skis from being stolen?
7 Ways to Protect Skis and Snowboards from Theft
- #1 Invest in a lock for your skis or board (or rent one from the mountain). …
- #2 If you don’t happen to have a lock, separate your skis. …
- #3 Protect your car. …
- #4 Mark it up. …
- #5 Keep records. …
- #6 If your gear is stolen, report it right away. …
- #7 Consider some of the high tech protective devices out there.
How do you lock ski poles?
There used to be a better product for locking poles. I still have one of these. Put poles in left side then slide metal bracket over snug and put skis in right side and clip the end. Put the cable through the loop and lock to the rack.
How often do skis get stolen?
The truth is skis and snowboards do get stolen at every resort, but it’s usually a very tiny percentage of the thousands of skiers on the mountain. To give you an idea of ski theft statistics, at Breckenridge ski resort in Colorado, 26 skis and snowboards were reported stolen in 2016 (source).
How do I lock my snowboard?
To secure a snowboard, consider two basic types of keys:
- First, you can use a cable lock with a retractable cable that can be wound around the snowboard and the fixture you’re locking it to, such as a ski rack. …
- The other type of lock to consider is called a ski lock or ski key.
How does the ski key work?
A: SKIS – 3 EASY STEPS
- Place ski tails in bottom loop of rack, slide skis between locking rails.
- Insert lock into locking rail with key in lock, align hole in lock with hole in rail.
- Slide locking pin into lock, press firmly until it clicks locked. Remove Key.
How do you adjust a Burton cable lock?
- Make sure cable is in fully retracted position. Press down the Cable Head while holding down the Cable Trigger. …
- Turn the Dials to set your own secret number, such as birthday, phone numbers, etc.
- Pull out the Cable Head while holding down the Cable Trigger. Your personal combination is now set.
15 мая 2019 г.