noun plural skis or ski.
What does skiis mean?
Filters. Common misspelling of skis. plural form of ski.
What’s the plural for ski?
[skee] /ski/ noun, plural skis or, sometimes, ski. 1. one of a pair of long, slender runners made of wood, plastic, or metal used in gliding over snow.
Is skied a word?
skied v. simple past tense and past participle of ski. skied v. simple past tense and past participle of sky.
How do you spell skiing?
Correct spelling for the English word “skiing” is [skˈiːɪŋ], [skˈiːɪŋ], [s_k_ˈiː__ɪ_ŋ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
What does skiing mean sexually?
So there’s everything you ever didn’t need to know about skiing. … Skiing is essentially a series of increasingly depraved sex acts between assorted gangs of girls and guys and I’ll be sure to give them a wide berth in the future. Happy nighmares.
What is the verb of skiing?
verb. skied ˈskēd , ˈshēd ; skiing. Definition of ski (Entry 2 of 2) intransitive verb. : to glide on skis in travel or as a sport.
What is the plural of sauna?
The declension of the noun Sauna is in singular genitive Sauna and in the plural nominative Saunas/Saunen.
How do you spell skied?
- skied. [ skeed ] SHOW IPA. / skid / PHONETIC RESPELLING. SEE SYNONYMS FOR skied ON THESAURUS.COM. verb. …
- skied 2 [ skahyd ] SHOW IPA. / skaɪd / PHONETIC RESPELLING. verb. …
- skied 1 / (skaɪd) / verb. the past tense and past participle of sky.
- skied 2 / (skiːd) / verb. a past tense and past participle of ski.
How do you say to ski in Spanish?
ski⇒ vi. esquiar⇒ vi. Robert likes to ski and always spends his holidays in the mountains.
Is ski an English word?
noun, plural skis or, sometimes, ski.
one of a pair of long, slender runners made of wood, plastic, or metal used in gliding over snow. water ski.
Is skyed a word?
skyed v. simple past tense and past participle of sky. skyed adj. Surrounded by sky.
How do you spell?
How to Improve Your English Spelling: 9 Painless Methods
- Use mnemonics. Remembering information can be difficult. …
- Learn a few rules. Sometimes the best way to learn is to know the rules. …
- Learn commonly misspelled words. …
- Make a list of the words you have trouble spelling. …
- Check word origins in the dictionary. …
- Chunk it. …
- Sound it out. …
- Draw a picture.
What does ski mean in texting?
How do you spell skinny?
Correct spelling for the English word “skinny” is [skˈɪni], [skˈɪni], [s_k_ˈɪ_n_i] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Similar spelling words for SKINNY
Where did the word ski come from?
The word “ski” is one of a handful of words that Norway has exported to the international community. It comes from the Old Norse word “skíð” which means “split piece of wood or firewood”. Asymmetrical skis were used in northern Finland and Sweden until at least the late 19th century.